Today was one of those ordinary days...nothing special planned, no where to go, no where to be. It was a good thing because our car wouldn't start. Before I had a chance to think about it though, Grayson awoke with a kick of energy, running in to decide which video we were going to watch today. So, we made the best of our day and began with breakfast in bed with a DVD of his choice. We proceeded to move into the living room, where I believe we played every game we owned. We even did some cooking together in Grayson's kitchen! I haven't spent some good quality time like that with Grayson in a while. I did sneak in some dishes. To top off the day, Trevor called and we went on a little road trip with him in the "big truck". One little boy was absolutely ecstati
c-good thing because that meant no nap! After special treats for the ride home, and a stop at the warehouse, we decided on one of our favorite quick evening meals--Breakfast. We enjoyed french toast, bacon, eggs, and fresh fruit. A potentially bad day turned out to be a gem, one I would do over again. A great day with my 2 special guys!
c-good thing because that meant no nap! After special treats for the ride home, and a stop at the warehouse, we decided on one of our favorite quick evening meals--Breakfast. We enjoyed french toast, bacon, eggs, and fresh fruit. A potentially bad day turned out to be a gem, one I would do over again. A great day with my 2 special guys!P.S.-Thanks to you Sue, I even had my camera close by to capture silly moments on this "ordinary" day!






4 comments:
We certainly have had days like that and there usually is little blessings weaved in along the way. Sometimes you just gotta let those little rascals lead the way and let the housework etc...go. It just makes their day when you just stop and get down on their level and play. It doesn't even have to be all day just some quality time. I know Bradley's behavior is totally different when he knows I am focused on just him even for a time. I love the lemon fact..how funny!!
Sounds like a great day to me. When you cannot be home everyday (like me!) you love days like this! Glad you both had fun:)
Oh Janye--HOW TRUE! I loved your blog--just to slow down and spend that quality time--if only every minute could be like this! I'm SOO glad that ya'll had such a great day!
What a fabulous day - I LOVE days like these! I especially love the LEMON picture - hilarious!!!
Post a Comment