Saturday, July 14, 2007

Mommy Jayne and Daddy Trevor

Okay, so this is one of those journal entries that's really just a reminder for me for later on down the road: what is it with Grayson calling Trevor and I by our first names? Maybe it's Gran's fault because from a very young age she thought it was cute to confuse or otherwise entertain the other menbers of the family by referring to us as Jayne and Trevor. Well, the first time he did it as a toddler was cute, and I still remember the chuckle it brought. But now, it seems as if I am hearing Jayne and Trevor more and more. How do you explain to a 3-year old that yes I am Jayne, but he needs to call me Mommy. He's also giving me pet names just like I give to him. Yesterday we were playing a game and I knew it must have been my turn because I heard, "It's your turn, super girl!". I am thankful that Grayson knows that we are the Hoare family and that Daddy and Mommy have real names, but I still love to be called Mommy! I'll take a super girl every now and then, too!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I remember when Josiah went through that phase - very cute, but was reinforced pretty strongly with our correct names that he should call us!! :) Appreciate hearing "mommy" for now - because all too quickly, you'll become "Mom" and it just makes them sound way to grown up!!!

dandsratz said...

Jayne! That is SO cute!! Oh I could eat little Grayson up!! Isn't it SO fun watching these little men growing through their stages and "little discoveries"!? You are such a fantastic mom that I KNOW he will call you his mommy the rest of his life!! :) I've never heard a little munchkin going to school yelling "Bye Janye!!" Kiss all over that little one for discovering that you are HIS JAYNE! :)

Heidi said...

Bradley went thru that too and still slips up once in awhile. If he's with his friends he'll say "go ask Heidi to do it" etc... It's one of those things that's funny, but yet you defintely want them still calling you mommy for a long time, if not forever.