Monday, July 9, 2007

July 4th in Lynchburg






Last Sunday was TRBC's 51st anniversary. It just so happened that we were there. It was very emotional for Trevor and I again to be there without Dr. Falwell speaking in the pulpit. Jonathan is doing a great job and I always love to hear him preach the Word of God. They have a new theme for this next year that says "Not I, but Christ" and a new theme song that says "We will Remember". The other exciting thing was that they have been doing a huge Church anniversary/July 4th celebration for years now. There were huge inflatables for the kids, live music, lots of food vendors, and of course, the evening ended with fireworks. We had a good time going over as a fmily with Grandpa and Gran. Grayson and Trevor got on some of the inflatables together-I'm not sure who had more fun!! We stayed long enough into the program to see a long line of motorcycles file into the stadium and park in the end zone. Apparently the Church now has a bike ministry, and boy did they have a great showing! It was a little loud for Grayson, but Grandpa and Trevor enjoyed seeing all the bikes parade by. We got to listen to a little bit of the music before Grayson let us know it was time to go. We heard the fireworks were great, but we had a great time visiting and sharing the holiday with family.





3 comments:

Heidi said...

Jayne, definitely looks like Trevor had the most fun for sure!! Aren't daddy's just the biggest kids at heart. Sometimes I think they do have more fun than the kids. It shows in their actions. Grayson in the fire hat is the cutest. He sure does have those innocent chocolate brown eyes. I love it!!

dandsratz said...

Oh Jayne--how wonderful to be able to go to TRBC for their 4th celebration!! I wish we could have gone!! I'm so glad to hear the great report about how they are keeping things going--but am also saddened by the absence of Jerry! I'm SO glad ya'll had such a great great time!! :)

Katy said...

What fun, Jayne. I can't imagine what I'll feel like the first time I head back to LU and know that Jerry won't be there. Rest assured he was watching the festivities from heaven and loving it!!! Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!