Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fire Engine Bunk Bed




So, when I was 4 years old my sister was born and I got to go and share a room with my older brother. I got to sleep on the bottom bunk and he was on the top bunk, but this was not just an ordinary bunk bed. My dad built it in the shape of a fire truck, with ladder in back and toychest for the engine. This weekend while we were in Lynchburg, Grayson got to help Grandpa put it together. He can't wait to go back and sleep in it on our next overnight trip! he had a great time hiding in the toychest, and climbing up and down the ladder. Grandpa has made this little firefighter's day!!!



3 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVE IT!!!! My boys would have a ball with this one. What a fun memory for Grayson and Grandpa!

dandsratz said...

Forget the kids--that looks like so much fun, I'd sleep in it!! You dad is an AMAZING woodworker! Will he take orders for all of our little men!?! :)

Katy said...

I love when you have pictures from your childhood that you get to recreate with your own kids! That's awesome!