Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"MEAN GIRL"????

Off with the self-pity of yesterday and on with the new after a good spanking! I don't want to make light of my "emotional" posting yesterday, those feelings are/were real, but after a good day in the Word and at Bible Study, I have been spanked and am picking up. Self-anything is never good and I fear that I went too far in expressing my feelings looking for a reaction when all I needed was to take it to God and leave it there. He knows best how to help me, to guide me, to comfort me, to wrap loving arms of "I am all-sufficient" around me.


Don't you hate when those "demons" from the past come licking at your heels? What am I, 15 again?! As Katy would say, "Good Grief!" Haven't I gone through this exact same thing many times over in my life. When is enough going to be enough?! AAAHHHH!!


So in the form of an apology for making any feel as if they needed to respond at all to my earlier posting with an "awww", there it is. If that is a sign or symptom or a small character triat of one of those "MEAN GIRLS" I am truly sorry that it reared it's ugly head! After Bible Study for those of you who are in Esther Study, please give me a look or a call that says I'm on the brink of becoming one of "THE GIRLS". Some of you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, but Beth Moore gave some great insights and near spankings to some of us with natural inclinations or tendencies to being a "Mean Girl". I hate to say even the best of us exhibit some of those nasty qualities sometimes.

I have control of myself and those lovely things called "emotions" today, and am trying to look for ways to focus on others rather than self. What better cure for the "woe-is-me's" than turn attention on the "who's-around-me". God, help me to leave at your feet all feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, loneliness, self-worth, self-judgment. Help me to constantly be aware of those around me and focus rather on how to be a help-meet, encourager, mommy-friend, co-worker, and girl friend. Thank you for quickly mending fences and for accepting us just as we are where we are!!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

You silly girl!! Now you are overthinking your post. Sometimes it helps just to get out on paper to make sense of it. You are so not a mean girl!!