Sunday, August 3 was our 12 year anniversary. Trevor surprised me by taking me back to where we honeymooned. Naples was just as beautiful as I remembered...FL that is!! My parents took Grayson for a week, as it was due, and we flew out on Friday morning. Although the flight down was rocky, it was the only dreadful thing about our weekend. Well, that is of course unless you want to count the fact that the only thing that didn't make it into my suitcase was my make-up bag. NO, I'm not joking!!! I was at this fabulous resort for the weekend to celebrate my anniversary, and I had no make-up. Thank goodness I travel at all times with a tube of mascara in my purse!!
Trevor knows how to plan a surprise and no detail was left uncovered. Fabulous accomodations (although we soon learned that they had gotten smart and the AC would no longer work while the balcony door was open!), fine foods (too many great meals, desserts, brunches, drinks, etc. to mention!), unsurpassable service and pleasant staff (I don't think there was anyone on staff who didn't know it was our anniversary on Sunday and didn't go the extra mile!), and lots of extra special additions to the weekend planned by Trevor.
Friday night after we arrived, we had a midnight boat sail. We ditched the sailboat as we both enjoyed the speedboat that picked us up beachside right in front of our resort! Talk about front door service! We spent 2 hours touring the waterways around Naples, and actually travelled much of the Intercoastal Waterway, which surprisingly runs right near our home in VA!! The sunset was incredible as you can see. It reminded me of pics that I've seen of creation when all God had done was separate the firmament. After the sun set we headed back at full speed across the Gulf waters to our resort. After a much anticipated meal of room service (Trevor thinks they have the best burger and fries!!!), day one was at a close.
Saturday was for relaxing and that we did. We ventured to finally look at the clock only to realize we had both slept until 11:00AM. How marvelous was that--a 12-hour sleep!!!! We headed down to the Gulf to enjoy basking in the sun and read and have refreshments under the umbrella. On a pristine beach, a good book, a fruity drink, listening to the waves...does it get any closer to peaceful!! We watched the sunset from the balcony on the 14th floor of the resort as we enjoyed night chocolates and hors d'oeuvres. After a memoriable beach walk, we enjoyed listening to live jazz music being played in the Lobby.
Sunday was the big day!! A spa day had been arranged by Trevor and I was ever so pampered. I warned him later that he had introduced me to spa days, and I was now hooked!! We had a couple's massage, split up to have facials, and while Trevor enjoyed the sauna and jacuzzi, I got a full-body salt scrub treatment. We lounged by the spa's mineral pool, and after lunch I had my hair and make-up done for the evening. I've never had someone do my hair and make-up either, as I did it myself for my wedding! They were so sweet at the spa, and sent us away with a gift-2 of the most luxurious bath robes I have ever felt!! I can't to put it on in the morning!! We went down to dinner at a fabulous romantic restaurant. Waiting for me at the table was a bouquet of yellow roses and wildflowers, my absolute favorite!! We dined over the next 2 hours and a few courses complete with warm tiramasu souffle's!! We went to the Lobby for a nightcap and to enjoy some more Jazz music. When we returned to the room, yellow rose petals were everywhere, complimentary drinks and sweets were waiting, and it was perfect. What a great way to end a perfect day!!
Yes, those are chocolate covered strawberries, and the picture frame is edible too!!
Monday was the day to fly home, but we still had the whole morning to again relax poolside. I finished my book, just in time to go and pack suitcases. The flight home was a million times better, although I looked a little funny walking through the airports. The resort had packaged up my floral bouquet so I could take it home with me. As they said, I looked like Mrs. America walking through the airports with a bouquest of flowers in my arm!! Wish I'd taken a picture of that memory!!
Trevor, this has always been one of my favorite songs. Although 12 years have been far from perfect and we've had more than a lifetime's share of high's and low's, with God at our sides, we're still holding on, we're still going strong, and we're more in love with each other and the people we have become. We have so much to celebrate, and I thank you for all you did this weekend to show me how special and valued I am to you and how much you respect the commitment we have and wanting to celebrate it in true style. It was a weekend that we will not soon forget, and keep us both yearning for the next one. I love you, Baby!!



5 comments:
Happy, Happy Anniversary Trevor and Jayne!! Wow Jayne - Trevor is sure a KEEPER!!! You both look so happy in these beautiful pictures. Here's to MANY more happy years ~cheers~ ~clink~
April
Jayne, the pictures are all so beautiful and I'm so glad you got to relive your honeymoon all over again....you lucky dogs!!
May there be many more blessings and growth and falling more in love over the next 12 years!!
Wow - what an absolutely amazing weekend away. I don't think you could have asked for anything more! SO glad you got to relive so many memorable moments and probably enjoy Naples a lot more this time around. Way to go Trevor, that's one for the books!
y'all had a fabulous time, but the best comment from our sweet Grayson while he ws visiting with us, was when I pulled into the drive-through bank "Gran, will you order me a yellow lollipop"
love, mom xoxoxo
What a WONDERFUL trip for you both! The pictures are amazing - I especially love the one of you on the boat ride. Totally beautiful. Who needs a makeup bag anyways! :)
Post a Comment