I guess I just assume that everyone knows, but if you're not plugged in and serving in the Children's Ministry how would you know?! This is the start of my 3rd official week working part-time at our church. I was asked to come alongside the Children's Staff to help them in the planning and execution of our new programming for the September 7 Kick-off. I am working closely with Janita, who in this last year I have gotten to know really well. We balance each other out really good which makes for an excellent partnership. I am making sure that Sundays go off without a hitch in Kids Thang right now, as well as planning for our full-hour Family Production for the Fall. It's only 20 hours a week, but I am in my sweet spot! I am loving what I am doing and is not really a whole lot more than I was already doing before as a volunteer!! I have also taken on a new role of Praise and Worship leader in Kids Thang. It's definitely new hat for me, but not so completely different than giving the Word each week.
I go into the "office" a couple days a week, because working at home does not work for me!! They have gracioulsy allowed Grayson to go to Summer Camp at the church, so he just goes with me the mornings that I go in. It's much cheaper than a babysitter and he getting osme good prep time before school in the Fall. Yes, this job made our decision easy as far as pre-school went. We will go together to "school" and "work" in late August. God does provide doesn't he?! Mommy gets some "Jayne" time at a job that she loves and feels confident and "used" and Grayson gets some much-needed social interaction adn someone else to "teach" him important lessons, not to mention the schooling aspect. As far as we see it, everyone wins!!!!
In these last 2 weeks since I have started, I feel like I have been a better mom to Grayson and love to spend time with him more. We have some really good quality time together and have really grown closer. Corny as it sounds, I love this new little relationship we are building. We have the greatest talks and chats. And on a way side note, Grayson has been so curious lately about heaven and going there and Trevor and I have had some really wonderful conversations with him. Until a couple days ago, neither of knew the other was talking to Grayson about these things!! He is really sorting out the whole heaven thing in his own mind!! So very exciting to see him grasping something so well. We may have very exciting news to share soon!!
So for those of you who have heard and seen comments about me working, there you have it. Even if it doesn't last past the Fall, I am thankful for this time to learn and glean and grow. May God use me where I am right now to positively affect children and their families for Him.
Laura's 2nd Birthday
15 years ago



7 comments:
Good for you! Glad it's such a perfect fit for both of you!
Jayne - That sounds so perfect! What a perfect 'in-between'!! That's so funny about your conversations with Grayson about heaven - I had one with Anderson last nite... very exciting!!!
You're doing a great job as worship leader! Those motions have me all befuddled:) You are definitely in "your element" and how wonderful for you to earn some extra income doing what you already enjoy doing voluntarily!
Oh, and very cool about your heaven conversations with Grayson...it is so neat to see their little minds at work:)
Sounds like a great opportunity for the both of you! So glad to hear it!
So glad that you are doing this...I think that you are the perfect person for the job. I cannot wait until Greyson and Parker get to share in your Sunday mornings...
YEAH!! What a perfect time Jayne! I'm SOOO excited for ya'll!!! Love you!
Good for you Jayne....There's nothing more freeing than when a woman knows what makes her complete and a better person and then pursues that. You are in your element I know.
Post a Comment