Saturday, January 19, 2008

Only 2 years and 10 months later...

It is finally done!! Well, almost anyways. Grayson's baby book is in the final stages. It has 53 back and front pages, around 379 pictures, memorabilia, and personal notes. I'm amazed as I sit to write captions for pictures how the stories from so many years ago are coming back. A good picture really is worth a thousand words when it comes to those first year "firsts". I still have a little backtracking to do to totally complete some of the pages, but at least the layouts are done and no more pages need to be added. There are only 12 months in a baby's first year, right?!
It has been great fun and I'm so proud of the finished product. Yes, you can tell by looking at some of the pages that this is my first real "go" at a creative memories scrapbook. I'm excited to get started on the "family" albums that will follow up this huge baby book! That one I should be able to keep up with as we take pictures throughout the year. One page and memory or event at a time.
Here are some of my favorite pages:

4 comments:

Katy said...

You did a great job! "Around 379 pictures?" That means you counted!!! It looks great - good for you!

Jen said...

Congratulations - what a feat! I know you are proud of your finished product - as you should be. The pages look great and it will be a book to treasure for years to come.

Heidi said...

What an accomplishment Jayne!! Now you get to enjoy the fruits of all that labor. I'd love to see it in person some time!!

dandsratz said...

Hip Hip Hurray!!! That is SOO fun, Jayne!! I can't wait to see it in person!! Don't you feel like you've accomplished the world!! Now, want to come over and do all of my albums for me!?! :) Its SUCH A BIG JOB!!!