Thursday, November 8, 2007

Just Jayne, not Mommy today

So, this week has gone by really fast! My Mom "needed to have Grayson for a week", although we'll be in Lynchburg for Thanksgiving! So he has been there since last Saturday and we'll get him tomorrow afternoon. He has had an absolute blast. He has called us and kept us posted with all the goings-on there. I can't believe how grown-up he sounds as I talk to him over the phone, and actually understands everything he is saying!! On Wed. AM he called just to say "Hi" and to inform me that he was going to lunch with "the girls". He proceeded to say that he and my mom and sisters all had a lunch date at The Olive Garden. They had a great time.

So Trevor and I have enjoyed reconnecting again and getting some of those tasks done that are just so much easier with no interruptions! We have also been going to the Y to workout together all week! It is so nice to be reminded of why we love each other and are glad to still be friends and in love after 13 years. There is just a comfort and an ease and knowing that I can be cheesy, although I'll get the roll of the eyes and the head shake, I am cherished for all the crazy quirks!

A great time of relaxing and fun for all involved! Jayne is ready for being "mommy" full time again!

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a treat for both of you. It is wonderful being mommy, but you need that time to just be you and wife sometimes. I'm so glad you got to enjoy a week of doing things with Trevor. I know it has rejuvenated you for the other 51 weeks of being mommy!

Katy said...

Good for you, Jayne!!! It's definitely so needed to get these little breaks. You'r fortunate to be able to have your Mom so close and able to take Grayson for you - and isn't it great knowing that they are having a ball together too!! :) Good for you guys for doing the joint workouts too - it's SO Much more entertaining! :)

Heidi said...

Glad you had such a great week with your honey. Isn't is great that our husbands do except us for all of our zany quirky ways. I think we entertain them when we are weird:) Anyway, sounds like Grayson was content with his gramma and auntie. Good for him to have that special time with them.

dandsratz said...

What a wonderful week!! I'm so glad that ya'll had such a refreshing time!! Those breaks are always the BEST!!

Heather J said...

This reminds me of a book - "taking care of the me in Mommy". That's awesome that you & Trevor are getting to rejuvenate & your little fella is having a blast. How awesome your reunion with him will be!

Natalie said...

I am so glad that you had some time to rejuvenate and reconnect with Trevor. I know that Grayson was beaming about his time with Grandma, and I know you had some much needed Jayne time. BTW, you look FAB!