What fun they have in the Cedarwood neighborhood! It was a truly unique experience as we took Grayson out on Halloween night for his first door-to-door trick-or-treat night! He loved everything about it! I loved it because I had talked to him earlier in the day about the whole event and how we knock or ring and then say the magic words and then he would be given candy. Well most of that went out the window. We arrived in the neighborhood to find all of the families out on the street and buckets of candy sitting unattended on doorsteps with notes stating that they were out with the kids and to take a piece or two of candy. If anyone was home, Grayson ended up saying nothing until the candy was in his bucket and then he would chime in with "Happy trick-or-treat day!" I loved the whole experience of reliving the trick-or-treating through him. I loved waiting on the street and watching with pride, and then waving a hello to say thanks.




4 comments:
So fun!!! That neighborhood looks like so much fun during Halloween! Glad you had the chance to join in the festivities!
I love what Grayson would say "happy trick" or "treat day". So cute!!! I can just see that little thing saying that with his big brown eyes sparkling!!! Glad it was such a fun first time experience for him. I know what you mean watching them walk up to the door and waiting for their candy. It's fun reliving the memory thru our children.
We had the same thing...where there would be buckets on the step with candy because people weren't home to give it out. It seemed more common this year than last year for people to do that. It was kind of funny, but so untraditional. I guess it's the "new tradition"
What a fun night. How exciting about the real firefighter. Looks like you've got a lot of candy to eat!
It looks like it was so much fun for him!!! Glad you got to enjoy the evening together!
Post a Comment