Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finger/hand painting

SO Heidi---I let him finally go at it and just didn't look until clean-up was necessary!! Grayson's first fingerpainting actually turned out great! He didn't have paint all over the place, but the concept of painting with fingers escaped him. All of the colors on the plate had been mixed, and handprints replaced anything else that may have once been on the sheet of paper! So we ended up with a masterpiece of handprints in a kaleidescope of colors. He did a great job and was soooo proud to show Daddy!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

What do you mean Heidi...I think Natalie has me beat by far as far as the painting goes. Her boys are the ones with the masterpieces. Although I am shocked that this was his first experience with fingerpaints. Go Grayson go, scribble all over the walls and help mom redecorate:)

Jen said...

It took a lot out of me too to let Erin fingerpaint. I like things neat and orderly but, we have to let that creativity out! Thank the Lord for Crayola Washable paints!

Jayne said...

Heidi, that's exactly why the blog was directed at you!!! Just look at what you encouraged Grayson to do at the end of your comment!

Natalie said...

Okay, so was I just nutso that I let my boys paint with their feet all over my kitchen floor?!?!? No lie, I really did. I joined in the fun as well. SOOO glad you let Grayson do this...maybe we have a budding artist in the group:)

dandsratz said...

Does this make me the bad parent....I HATE finger paints, and I'm not sure Alexander has ever done it!! YIKES!! So much fun though! Maybe sometime when he comes to your house he can do it!! ha!! :)

Katy said...

Good for you Jayne!! We love painting - just always get washable paint and you'll be fine! :)