Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My list of 8 things you might not know about Jayne: PART 1

I know it's been a while, but it took Katy a long time to come up with hers too. So, here goes the first half...

1. I was born in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I grew up in a little "village" called Prince Albert. Yes, a village is just smaller than a town, one blinking red light for traffic, we would have to pick up our mail at the General Store, we walked/biked to school and got to go home for lunch. Awesome way to grow up, about one hour East of Toronto!

2. I don't know where it got started or from whom, but I was a toothpick and a shrimp (that hasn't changed!) growing up. Somehow I was given the nickname "Weiner". Don't laugh and don't dare call me this!!!!! Thankfully when we moved to VA in the 6th grade, the name didn't follow me.

3. I had to get braces much later than most people. I still had not lost my last baby tooth by the age of 16! My permanent tooth had begun to grow back behind. I had braces on my Senior year of high school (yes, that included Sr. Pics!) and went off to Liberty U. with them on.

3 1/2. I am not going to include the fact that I went to LU, as I'm sure most everyone knows this. I moved to Lynchburg so my Dad could go to Seminary at LU and we/they never left. I went through Lynchburg Christian and then to Liberty, graduating in 1996.

4. I hate, Hate, HATE to shop!! Even worse window shopping! Trevor is a big, "Let me show you what I saw today!"--NOT INTERESTED! If I am not in the market for something or don't have some extra money that I can just splurge on "just because" stuff, I don't want to be any where near a mall. The one time I do love to go to the mall with Trevor is Christmas time. It is one of our little traditions: to hit the stores in the middle of the holiday rush because it's part of the season. The sights and smells and traditions of Christmas include shopping!

Okay, tha'll tie me over for now. Part 2 will follow later.

6 comments:

Katy said...

Part I - I'm so glad to know that I'm not the ONLY one that it took forever to lose teeth. I only lost 2 - they had to pull the rest of them out because they were holding things up!!! Looking forward to reading Part II!

Heidi said...

Ok, you know I'm totally laughing about weiner and of course you know that's all I want to call you from now on. HAHAHAHA!

You also know how disappointed Sue is going to be when she finds out about you not liking to shop. So much for a girls day out shopping. Actually to be honest I like it but don't love it. I probably fall in between the two of you.

Heather J said...

A Canadian, ay? I talk to Canadians all day at work - I just love the way Canadians say some words like 'process' and 'progress'. Glad to know you are on the other side now!!

Jen said...

I can't believe there are women that don't like to shop! I think Joe would prefer I was bent that way, but I LOVE shopping, especially for bargains. Glad to get to know you a little better.

dandsratz said...

OH MY WORD!!! I can hardly comment on your page anymore!!! I cannot possibly associate with one that DOESN'T LIKE TO SHOP!!!! Ha ha!! Well, I'll just make you my personal mission and TEACH YOU how to love to shop!!! Goodness Gracious!! :) I love you in spite of that huge factor in your life, or lack thereof! :)

Jayne said...

Sue, it can't be any surprise to you then that I waited until the week before leaving for a trip to go shopping adn at that found the dress the day before packing suitcases!!!