On the way home tonight I was discussing with Grayson that we were going to church tomorrow morning for a meeting. I told we had to leave early. He asked about morning cartoons, and I told we would have time for that, a quick bath, adn out the door. I told it was like church mornings. We had to get up and get ready like on Sunday mornings. To which came the following conversation:
Grayson: Mommy, Daddy and I are sometimes late to church on Sundays.
Me: I think that only happened once or twice though, right?
Grayson: Weeellll, somtimes we're late becasue I don't listen too well to Daddy in the morning times.
Me: Well, I don't think that's true because each Sunday morning when I come home I see that you and Daddy have stopped by for your special treats and drinks on the way home from church.
Grayson: You're wrong Mommy. I get the special treats because Daddy loves me sooo much!!
Me: (laughing) That's probably true Grayson!
Grayson: Yup, me and my Daddy are best friends!!
Don't you just love these kinds of conversations with your kids. I need to get better about recording some of these sweet moments! I am so blessed to have a man in my life like Trevor, and doubly blessed to see the relationship between my son and husband growing and being nurtured. I used to be really jealous of their obvious bond, but now I celebrate it. So here's to the 2 men of my life that are the "bestest buddies in the whole world"!
Laura's 2nd Birthday
15 years ago



3 comments:
Too cute. It is so important for our little guys to be close to their dads, as they can provide things that we, as moms, can't. What a great thing to see this precious bond. Love it!
Wouldn't we be blogging daily if we recorded all these conversations. So funny how he told on himself about not listening to daddy!!! So cute that he already has confirmed daddy as his best friend.
There's nothing like that bond, is there? Something truly to celebrate and be so thankful for.
Post a Comment