There is nothing like the love of a father and son. You hear about the bonds between mothers and daughters so much, but this relationship is soo important. Grayson and Trevor were cut out of the same mold for sure. They look just alike, except for the blonde hair and shape of my eyes. And all of Trevor's favorite "loves" are quickly becoming Grayson's too! From planes and fire trucks to fishing and music, from travelling in the car to chocolate. (He did get the bubble gun love from me!) They both have the same sensitive nature, quick to shy away from things that make them uncomfortable, yet outgoing and thriving when it comes to the familiar.
Trevor often talks about the feelings of Grayson and tries to get me to understand our son a little bit better based on the way he remembers feeling when he was younger. I have a lot to learn when it comes to my relationship with Grayson, but am so thankful for Trevor who can put words to Grayson's sometimes crazy antics and actions that I don't understand fully enough to appreciate or correct or laugh with.
Grayson thinks his Daddy hung the moon and he can't wait to grow bigger like his Daddy. One of my favorite songs talks about watching a son grow and listen to him wanting to be just like his Dad, and the song goes on to say that Daddy is setting forth a great example because he is trying every day to be just like his DADDY too (his Heavenly Father). So, to my sweet Grayson, continue striving to be just like your Daddy because every day he is striving to follow and be just like his DADDY!!
Daddy and I both want for you to see that example in our lives so that one day, you will choose to set forth that example for others too. We pray for you and will continue to help you develop those characteristics that we see in your life that will make you into a godly young man, seeking after God and a relationship with Him, loving other people and serving them, and one day even having a son of your own that will look and say 'I want to just like my Daddy!' Oh how I love you Grayson Carter Lee! And I'm so glad that you want to be just like your Daddy! It's the best kind of love there can possibly be!



6 comments:
What a sweet and endearing blog Jayne!! Grayson is such a sweet boy and I know that sometimes you worry about his sensitivity, but all those qualities will make the best husband. He's still so little and as he grows he will venture out more. Some it just takes a little longer. He has the purest heart and seems so selfless at such a young age.
p.s. love your wallpaper. It reminds me of a sweet candy cane just like you:)
So sweet - I love that bond between a father and son. I hope Joe can experience it one day! They are too cute together in their baseball caps!
Love this post (and the new background). The bond between daddy and son is amazing. I love watching it with my boys, and I know how proud you must be that your Grayson wants to be just like his daddy!
Jayne--what a priceless blog!! Trevor & Grayons are glued together, for sure!! The bond that they have with each other is so obvious, and SOO priceless!! I totally agree about the father/son relationship! HOW AWESOME!! Now, to the "blog", I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new wallpaper!!!! Its so completely happy & cheery--just like our sweet Jayne!!
You are sooo right Jayne, I love to observe the amazing father-son relationship Mark has with our boys - there is nothing like it, and just like Grayson & Trevor, Anderson wants to be JUST LIKE MARK!!!
Love the new wallpaper -so 'spring'y!
Yes, you're right. This is a great post, Jayne. I love that song "I want to be just like you." Grayson is blessed to have Trevor who can model such wonderful characteristics for him. And what a blessing for you to be able to see that side of their relationship too.
Post a Comment